SDCC ’13: Firefly Is Coming Back…As An Online Game
Firefly fans have been begging for another trip around the Verse with Captain Malcolm Reynolds and his crew almost every day since Joss Whedon‘s cult sci-fi show met its untimely demise. Well a compromise of sorts has been made. Brown Coats the world over can get new adventures in the Firefly world via an officially licensed video game appropriately titled Firefly Online.
Fox Digital Entertainment and QMx Interactive Inc. have partnered up to make a multi-user, social online role-playing game that will be available for smartphones and tablets on iOS and Android operating systems. In the game, players can take on the role of a ship captain and hire a crew to take on jobs, all the while trading with and competing against other players to try to survive in the Verse. The official website (KeepFlying.Com) posted the list of things players can look forward to doing as well as a short video teaser. The end promises more news to come later this week at Comic-Con. What do you think about Firefly making its way into the video game world?
- Assume the role of a ship captain – create a crew and customize a ship
- Aim to misbehave in space and planet-side adventures
- Cross-platform player experience across devices (pick-up and play from anywhere)
- Unique social features connecting Firefly fans
- Create a shiny ship and explore the Verse
Source : KeepFlying.Com