Possible Details And Directors List For Star Wars VII
There have been a lot of Star Wars rumors coming out since Disney bought Lucasfilm. Some are pretty outrageous, but some sound pretty reasonable. Here is a bit from the more reasonable info out of the rumor mill.
A long, long time ago in 2009 Jim Dorey of Maretsaw claimed that Lucasfilm were working on a new trilogy. As we know now, he was correct. Today Dorey posted more from the same source that gave him the new trilogy details. Now we want to take this with a grain, if not more, of salt. The first story may have been luck and we get some more spinning from that, or these are all legitimate. Bleeding Cool gave us the bullet pointed version:
- The films are reworked versions of what Lucas was planning as far back as when he was making the original trilogy.
- This next trilogy may conflate plot points originally intended to span two trilogies – the second featuring the Skywalker offspring.
- As such, Luke Skywalker is a key character.
- And so are many of “the original trilogy cast” with Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, C3PO and R2D2 set to appear.
- Hamill is already locked-in.
- The Empire was not completely destroyed at the end of Return of the Jedi.
- Disney intend “on playing to the cultural significance of that original trilogy.”
- The scripts that have already been written for the live-action TV show “will be absorbed in some way into a TV format.”
- Disney are “all over” restoring the original trilogy.
The source also claims to have a list of directors who are being considered for Episode VII- Steven Spielberg, Neil Blomkamp, Alfonso Cuaron, Matthew Vaughn, Darren Aronofsky, and Joss Whedon.
Now the inclusion of Whedon seems a little farfetched since he will be helming Avengers 2 for a 2015 release as well. While it wouldn’t be impossible, it is very unlikely. My personal choice from that list is Blomkamp. District 9 was a fantastic movie and he could be some fresh blood Star Wars needs. Again, all the Star Wars stuff is developing every day so stay tuned to CBT as it happens.
All ComicBookTherapy contributors must agree and abide by our Site User Agreement. ComicBookTherapy.com is protected from liability under “OCILLA” (Online Copyright Infringement Liablity Limitation Act) and will actively enforce said provisions. If you represent an individual or company and feel as though this article has infringed on any of our terms or any existing copyrights, please contact us for a speedy removal.
Source : Marketsaw vis Bleeding Cool