New Image, Info, And Blu-ray Cover For Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
DC‘s next big animated movie, as we know, is an adaption of Geoff Johns and Andy Kubert‘s Flaspoint story (which started the New 52). DC unveiled the Blu-ray cover art and a new image from the film out July 30th. Also tucked away in the reveal was some new information on the direct-to-video release. DC stated that Jay Oliva is directing the film and Jim Krieg wrote the script. They also confirmed our suspicions that the movie will have a PG-13 rating. If you’ve read the story the film is based on you know what type of alternate timeline craziness is in story, but if not here’s a new synopsis:
In the movie, when time travel allows a past wrong to be righted for the Flash and his family, the event’s temporal ripples prove disastrous, creating a fractured, alternate reality where the Justice League never formed, and Superman is nowhere to be found. Amidst a new world being ravaged by a fierce war between Wonder Woman’s Amazons and Aquaman’s Atlanteans, Flash must team with a grittier, more violent Batman and government agent Cyborg to restore the continuity of Flash’s original timeline.
A list of special features was also included:
• A Flash in Time: Are there other dimensions? Can time travel get us there? And if The Flash existed, could he really travel through time? Interviews with experts in mythology, theoretical physics and top DC writers will examine the science and legacy of the storytelling behind the fiction.
• My Favorite Villians! The Flash Bad Guys: Acclaimed DC Comics writer Geoff Johns and others share their favorite Flash villains in this short film that gives viewers a glimpse into the Flash’s world through the eyes of some of the nefarious characters he has encountered over the past 70 years!
• A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe animated movie:. An in-depth look into the next DC Animated feature film, spotlighting the cast and crew.
• From the DC Comics Vault: Bonus cartoon episodes
• The Flashpoint Paradox Audio Commentary
The cast includes Justin Chambers as the Flash, Kevin McKidd as the alternate version of Batman, Michael B. Jordan as Cyborg, C. Thomas Howell as Professor Zoom, Nathan Fillion as Green Lantern, Ron Perlman as Deathstroke, Dana Delany as Lois Lane, Cary Elwes as Aquaman, Danny Huston as General Lane, Sam Daly as Superman, and the great Kevin Conroy as Batman. The film will be released on Blu-ray combo pack, DVD, and digital download in July. Will you be picking this one up?
Source : DC