New Details On BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Emerge
Yesterday was a monumental day if your a fan of the Batman Arkham game series. Not only was Arkham Knight announced, but it was also revealed that the game would be the last hurrah for the people at Rocksteady who will bring the franchise, at least from their end, to a close. Along with the news of the game the first trailer was released that teases a bit of the story and what we can expect from The Dark Knight this go around.
Topping all of this off was a huge spread about the game in this month’s Game Informer magazine. The magazine got some in-depth interviews with the folks over at Rocksteady, who teased fans with nice little tidbits from the game. Batman-News was kind enough to read the issue and post the bullet points, so check them out below:
- Next-gen only.
- Single player only. No multiplayer.
- Arkham Knight isn’t just the name of the game, it’s also the name of a brand new villain. Rocksteady is working with DC’s Geoff Johns to create the character from scratch.
- Batman starts the game in the Arkham City suit, but gets a new costume early on.
- Takes place in a central zone of Gotham City split into 3 islands. 5 times bigger than Arkham City.
- The level of detail in Gotham City is some of the most impressive Game Informer has ever seen in a video game.
- Takes place one year after Arkham City.
- With The Joker dead, Gotham’s villains come together to try to take down Batman.
- Scarecrow, Two-Face, Penguin, and Harley Quinn are all confirmed.
- Kevin Conroy is back as Batman. Troy Baker is Two-Face, Nolan North is Penguin, Tara Strong is Harley Quinn, and Wally Wingert is Ridder.
- Batman visits with Oracle in the game, she’s not just a voice in his earpiece anymore.
- Cut scenes are all done in game, so it doesn’t feel like you’re playing a game and then watching a movie.
- The characters are incredibly detailed. One has the polygon count of Arkham Aslyum, the whole environment.
- Batman’s cape and character’s clothing reacts realistically to wind and movement.
- All quick-fire gadgets can now be used during flight.
- Batman can perform a quick ground strike to downed opponents.
- Interrogations are back.
- Batman can incorporate the environment into his combat combos like never before.
- Fear takedowns allow Batman to take out multiple enemies in slow motion, as long as he isn’t spotted.
- This is Rocksteady’s last Batman game. There will be a clear ending to their Arkham trilogy. It’s possible that WB Games Montreal may still make Batman games set in the Arkham Origins time period.
- Rocksteady set out to make the best car in any game ever in terms of the Batmobile.
- The Batmobile so detailed it would take up the space of an entire Xbox 360 game.
- The Batmobile the only drive-able vehicle.
- Players can bring the Batmobile to their location with the press of a button.
- The Batmobile can do burnouts, jumps, boosts, and even rotate in circles at a full stop to get you pointed in the right direction.
- The Batmobile can smash through barricades, trees, and building corners.
- Batman can eject out of the Batmobile and go directly into gliding through the city.
So there you have it in a nut shell. However, I encourage you, like I did, to seek out a buy the latest issue of Game Informer to check out the interviews with the folks at Rocksteady to give you a better idea on the information posted. As always, make sure to check back here at Comic Book Therapy, for the latest on Batman: Arkham Knight.
This article was submitted by one of ComicBookTherapy’s contributors. Every contributor must agree and abide by ComicBookTherapy’s Site User Agreement. ComicBookTherapy.com is protected from liability under “OCILLA” (Online Copyright Infringement Liablity Limitation Act) and will actively enforce said provisions. If you represent an individual or company and feel as though this article has infringed on any of our terms or any existing copyrights, please contact us for a speedy removal.