Neil Gaiman Penned Episode Of Doctor Who Confirmed For Second Half Of Series Seven
Doctor Who finished up the first half of series seven with a bang. The Pond family are well and truly gone and a new companion is waiting in the wings of this year’s Christmas episode. A few pics of filming with the new companion have made the rounds, but there isn’t anything particularly juicy. What is of interest is the rundown in the newest issue of Doctor Who Magazine of the second half of series seven’s writers and directors.
Neil Gaiman was rumored to return and fans were absolutely begging for it after the wildly successful The Doctor’s Wife, turns out that is one Doctor Who rumor that is in fact true. Gaiman will write the penultimate story of series 7. Here’s the full list of writers and directors after Steven Moffat’s Christmas episode (believed to be titled The Snowmen).
- Episode Seven: Written by Neil Cross, directed by Farren Blackburn.
- Episode Eight: Written by Mark Gatiss, directed by Douglas MacKinnon.
- Episode Nine: Written by Neil Cross, directed by Jamie Payne.
- Episode Ten: Written by Stephen Thompson, directed by Mat King.
- Episode Eleven: Written by Mark Gatiss, directed by Saul Metzstein.
- Episode Twelve: Written by Neil Gaiman, directed by Steven Wolfenden.
- Episode Thirteen: Written by Steven Moffat, director to be announced.
Story details remain to be released, but one of the rumors is that Gaiman may be writing a Cybermen episode. That is just pure internet speculation, but a Gaiman Cyber story sounds incredibly promising. What do you think Whovians? Is Gaiman’s story going to be a long wait for you?
Source : Bleeding Cool