JUSTICE LEAGUE: WAR Blu-ray Details Reveal Jim Lee Gets His Own Documentary
DC‘s latest entry in their impressive animated feature line is less than a month from hitting store shelves. Justice League: War will arrive on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, and Digital HD February 4th. We’re all eagerly anticipating its arrival, but today the details on the Blu-ray special features have been revealed. There’s the obligatory look at the next animated film, this time it’s Son Of Batman, but there’s also a few interesting featurettes and documentaries.
IGN had he rundown of the Blu-ray bonus content. Jim Lee and JL: War director Jay Olivia will look at the similarities and differences between the movie and source comic, we’ll get to see a making of featurette, and four bonus cartoons (yet to be revealed) will also be included. The most interesting bonus is the one called “Creating Heroes: The Life and Art of Jim Lee.” That one is described as a documentary that looks at Lee‘s body of work and how he rose to his current position of co-Publisher of DC. It says featurette but it described as a documentary in the description, so I would venture a guess that this one might be a few minutes longer than your average featurette. What do you think about the list of bonus features? Will you be picking up Justice League: War next month?
- Featurette – Deconstructing Justice League: War – Part commentary, part documentary, director Jay Oliva teams up with artist Jim Lee as they compare and contrast the comic-to-screen process of some of the most memorable moments in the film.
- Featurette – Creating Heroes: The Life and Art of Jim Lee – This documentary film explores the work of master artist Jim Lee, from his early days to his current position as co-Publisher of DC Entertainment and his comic collaboration with Geoff Johns.
- Making Of – Justice League: War Act D – From animatic to pencil test, the final stanza of the film.
- A Sneak Peak at Son of Batman – An advance look into the next DCU Animated Original Movie with the creators and cast.
- From the DC/Warner Bros. Animation Vault – 4 Bonus Cartoons.
All ComicBookTherapy contributors must agree and abide by our Site User Agreement. ComicBookTherapy.com is protected from liability under “OCILLA” (Online Copyright Infringement Liablity Limitation Act) and will actively enforce said provisions. If you represent an individual or company and feel as though this article has infringed on any of our terms or any existing copyrights, please contact us for a speedy removal.