JUSTICE LEAGUE: WAR Blu-ray Details Reveal Jim Lee Gets His Own Documentary
DC‘s latest entry in their impressive animated feature line is less than a month from hitting store shelves. Justice League: War will arrive on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, and Digital HD February 4th. We’re all eagerly anticipating its arrival, but today the details on the Blu-ray special features have been revealed. There’s the obligatory look at the next animated film, this time it’s Son Of Batman, but there’s also a few interesting featurettes and documentaries.
IGN had he rundown of the Blu-ray bonus content. Jim Lee and JL: War director Jay Olivia will look at the similarities and differences between the movie and source comic, we’ll get to see a making of featurette, and four bonus cartoons (yet to be revealed) will also be included. The most interesting bonus is the one called “Creating Heroes: The Life and Art of Jim Lee.” That one is described as a documentary that looks at Lee‘s body of work and how he rose to his current position of co-Publisher of DC. It says featurette but it described as a documentary in the description, so I would venture a guess that this one might be a few minutes longer than your average featurette. What do you think about the list of bonus features? Will you be picking up Justice League: War next month?
- Featurette – Deconstructing Justice League: War - Part commentary, part documentary, director Jay Oliva teams up with artist Jim Lee as they compare and contrast the comic-to-screen process of some of the most memorable moments in the film.
- Featurette – Creating Heroes: The Life and Art of Jim Lee - This documentary film explores the work of master artist Jim Lee, from his early days to his current position as co-Publisher of DC Entertainment and his comic collaboration with Geoff Johns.
- Making Of – Justice League: War Act D - From animatic to pencil test, the final stanza of the film.
- A Sneak Peak at Son of Batman - An advance look into the next DCU Animated Original Movie with the creators and cast.
- From the DC/Warner Bros. Animation Vault - 4 Bonus Cartoons.