Some Interesting Tidbits For AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON And ANT-MAN Surface
We’ve been seeing a few set photos from Avengers: Age of Ultron and Joss Whedon has said he’s past the halfway point of his 100-odd days shoot, but we haven’t heard much at all about the story. We’ve also been hearing a lot about Ant-Man, though it has been less than positive since Edgar Wright decided to leave production for as of now still unknown reasons (though script changes seem to be the likely suspect). Well today JoBlo has broken the Age of Ultron and Ant-Man silence and dropped a few interesting tidbits about both films. Obviously the things they sniffed out could be considered spoilers if you want to go into both Marvel flicks completely clean, so read on at your own risk.
JoBlo got hold of some updates on each film from two separate sources they say have provided the goods in the past. The info comes from a recent Disney media event that showed concept art, storyboards, and rough animation as well as some other things that can only come with certain connections. On the Age of Ultron front, after describing the new Avengers Tower, the site says
– The Quinjet redesign features more chairs to accommodate all Avengers, much like the X-Men’s Blackbird. The overall design is less military and more sleek with a bigger array of weaponry.
– Black Widow’s costume update will feature not only the previously reported batons, but her suit is said to be more “TRON-style” in nature with blue lights and electricity around the suit. Her enemies will now receive electric shocks or a “widow’s sting” when she hits them, giving her more of a “superhero” edge amongst her super-powered counterparts.
– More corroboration about Hulk’s “extendable” pants (dark purple in color) that expand and shrink with his Hulk/Banner transitions and will also feature the Avengers “A” logo on it that adorns all new costumes for the team.
– As reported before, Ultron will be more than just a helmet, with his full face being articulated, including the mouth. All movements from James Spader’s face are used to bring more personality to the villain. The suit mock-up is reminiscent of the weapon that Agent Coulson used to shoot Loki in THE AVENGERS, which was made from the parts of the defeated Destroyer in THOR. The suit is said to have a “red firelight underneath, giving him a kind of ‘Balrog’ effect from LOTR.”
On the Ant-Man side of things, the site says the story will begin as we expected- Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) is a thief and single dad who falls on hard times. One day he breaks into the lab of Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) and steals the Ant-Man suit. They also have some big info on the film’s villain and the newly improved Ant-Man suit:
– The main villain’s name is Darren Cross who, in the comics, runs Cross Technological Enterprises, a competitor company for Stark Industries and Oscorp. His cousin is the villain known as Crossfire. It’s unknown if this role will be played by Patrick Wilson or Corey Stoll. He will have a suit with a similar feel to Ant-man’s but more miltary style, yellow and black in color, and with a tendril-looking apparatus coming off it’s back (like with Agent Venom). It’s to note that in the comics Cross looks more like a pink Hulk, so there may well be some merging of attributes from other characters for this role or multiple villains at that (Yellowjacket, perhaps?).
– The ANT-MAN suit will be much more elaborate than we’ve seen so far with the helmet being able to open and close much like Iron Man and an assortment of red lights all over the suit, again in “TRON” fashion. The helmet eyes will also glow red when closed. It’s said to be a much more complex and futuristic suit than we’ve seen so far.
There’s a lot more on both films at the source, so click on over to read the full rundown. While the entire Ant-Man production seems to be something of a mess right now, JoBlo‘s info on the film does sound interesting at the absolute least. I think everyone is waiting to see how that film turns out. Age of Ultron already has fans rabid to see what happens when the Avengers get back together, so all of that information just puts things way over the top. What do you think about the new info?
All ComicBookTherapy contributors must agree and abide by our Site User Agreement. ComicBookTherapy.com is protected from liability under “OCILLA” (Online Copyright Infringement Liablity Limitation Act) and will actively enforce said provisions. If you represent an individual or company and feel as though this article has infringed on any of our terms or any existing copyrights, please contact us for a speedy removal.
Source : JoBlo