Do You Want To Be A Real Superhero? Here Is How…
Facebook has revolutionized the whole world. You are able to stay in touch with your loved ones, meet new people and help in great causes etc…
Meet Sarah Tracie-Liegh Schwartz is “Tracie”, a cancer patient. I met Tracie through Facebook and “liked” her page. This young and beautiful girl is going through a very difficult time in her life, she is dealing with cancer. If you look at her wonderful smile you wouldn’t even think she was going through so much.
Check out what Tracie has to say about her and her goals:
After dealing with cancer for the last 6 years, I’ve learned one thing about all cancer treatments: Expect the unexpected. There are things that will happen to you that no one warns you about, such as the damage chemotherapy and radiation can cause to your teeth. The sad part is, dental insurance doesn’t cover it because it’s considered a medical problem and health insurance doesn’t cover it because it’s a dental problem. I’ve searched far and wide and found there really is no help available for this issue. I was told by my dentist that it would cost $40,000 to fix my mouth. If you’re anything like me, that’s a lot of money, so I decided to do something about it.
I was recently told that I have a year, give or take, to live, so I want this to be my legacy. Cancer may take my life, but it will NEVER take my spirit.
Currently for tax purposes and legal stuff, we’re not allowed to call this a charity yet, until we get tax id numbers and paperwork filed. So for now we are asking you to help me fulfill my “Bucket List” as I have been informed that I have only 8-10 months left to live. I will post my Bucket List in a Note, but the final item on the list is also the most important. I want this charity to help at least one person before I leave this world. Any money you donate will go into Tracies Tooth Fairy’s bank, not mine. I want you to understand that by donating, you’re making dreams come true, and all the money we recieve will be used to help cancer patients one way or another. When we finally get the “charity” distinction, this disclaimer will be taken down and we can begin the real work
My father and I started this charity to help cancer patients in remission get their smiles back. While we may not be able to give you celeb-like veneers, we hope that we can at least help you repair the damage done and be happy with your smile.
If you are in need please email [email protected]
If you would like to help there are several ways:
1. Go to any Chase Bank and make a deposit to Tracies Tooth Fairy account #(email for account #)
2. If you prefer paypal you may make your donation to [email protected] (this is my pay pal account and it is linked to TTF bank account, just note on donation “TTF” and it will be tranferred to that account, this is the only thing I use paypal for)
3. If you have items of value that may be auctioned off, you can donate them, email pics and descriptions and estimated values
4. If you are a dentist or work with one and your office would be willing to do pro bono or reduced price work, again, email including location of your office and a phone number I can reach you at.
5. If you want to volunteer to hand out flyers at events, again, email
Eventually, I hope this becomes big enough to help cancer patients and their families with the expenses that come with a cancer diagnosis. Maybe even granting final wishes for terminal patients.
I know some of these simply won’t happen (I like to dream big), but it never hurts to throw it out into the universe and see what happens. If you know of a way to help me accomplish any of these items, please let me know. I may add to this occasionally as I think of things I want to do.
1. TRAVEL!! Ireland, Australia, Japan (Okinawa) and Spain are places I’ve wanted to go but have never had the means.
- The people who work with my dad at the Arizona National Gaurd are banding together to send me to Ireland and Scotland in Feb (awesome b-day present), Christpher Moehr is hosting a Golf tournament to raise money, Chris Hancock has donated his timeshare, so I will be spending a week in each place.
2. SKYDIVING my dad is trying to set this up for me for Thanksgiving, and both of my brothers with be going with me!!
3. LEARN TO PLAY PIANO I’ve taken a few lessons but never quite got it.
4. STAY IN THE CASTLE SUITE AT DISNEYLAND I’ve always loved Disneyland, it’s my favorite place on Earth, I’ve also dreamed of being Tinkerbell and flying from the Matterhorn to the Castle to start the fireworks. Staying in the Castle would be the ultimate fairy tale dream come true.
5. MAKE A REALLY GOOD BATGIRL COSTUME I remember watching the Adam West Batman series as a child and everytime, I crossed my fingers to see Batgirl in the opening credits which meant she’d be in the episode. Batgirl will always be my favorite comic book character, and as a costumer I can’t believe that I don’t have one of her yet.
6. HAVE A PART IN A SCIFI/FANTASY MOVIE AS A CHARACTER WHO KICKS BUTT! I’ve always wanted to be an actress for as long as I can remember. I love scifi and fantasy and I want to be that really cool girl that everyone underestimates and turns out to be one tough cookie. I want to play a character that other costumers want to dress up as. And I want to do all my own stunts.
7. LEARN TO FLY for my birthday one year, my dad bought me a discovery flight, I got to fly the plane, land and take off, and even do zero g’s. It was so much fun, I’d love to take full flying lessons. I wanted to fly the Stealth Bomber, but I was told I was too short. But I’d be happy with a Cesna.
8. MEET AND/OR WORK WITH ONE OF MY TOP 5 FAVORITE ACTORS AND ACTRESSES Actors: Ewan McGregor, Alan Rickman, Gary Oldman, Jason Isaacs, Johnny Depp Actresses: Natalie Portman, Kiera Knightley, Kate Hudson, Maggie Smith, Mila Kunis
9. BE A GUEST ON THE ELLEN SHOW My mom and I watch her show all the time and I think the reason her show is my favorite talk show is that she dances everyday. I would use my time with her to discuss all the things that are swept under the rug about cancer charities and how ours would focus on current patients who need help now and can’t wait the many years it will take to find and get a cure approved.
10. START A CHARITY THAT WILL ACTUALLY HELP PATIENTS Since I was diagnosed, I’ve come to find out that most cancer charities focus on funding research, some of them offer a little financial help, but it barely makes a dent in the costs of having cancer. I want to start by helping people with their teeth, but I hope that it grows as fast as cancer can and will be able to provide financial help for all the hardships that cancer brings with it.
If you notice, she is always smiling in all her pictures. The courage and strength Tracie has, can definitely match that of any superhero!
You can be her Hero! You can help her!
It does not take much to help. A dollar, a note, encouraging words, if you have the means maybe you can make one of her dreams come true! Certainly Tracie is an example that no matter how hard your life seems, no matter what obstacles you encounter…. you can always SMILE
Please click HERE and join her Facebook Page, and don’t forget, YOU CAN BE A REAL SUPERHERO!