BOOM! Studios Comes To Emerald City Comicon 2014 With Biggest Booth Ever
Our friends over at BOOM! Studios are coming to Emerald City Comicon 2014, and man are they packing a punch with their booth. I can’t wait to get there next week and see it for myself. This is one amazing group of creators, editors, writers, artists, etc., and if you’re going to be in Seattle next week for the show, you definitely must spend time checking out all their comic goodness. I could tell you all about their plans for Emerald City, but I’ll let their latest press release (below) tell the full story. And hey, if you’re going to be at the show and want to say hi, hit me up with a comment here or on Twitter: @Comic_Canuck.
March 19, 2014 – Los Angeles, CA - Award-winning comic book publisher BOOM! Studios and its imprints, KaBOOM!, BOOM! Box, and Archaia, announced today it will return to exhibit at Emerald City Comicon (ECCC) 2014, held at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington, on the weekend of March 28-30, 2014.
BOOM! will have its biggest booth ever at any convention it has exhibited at in a whopping 20 feet x 70 feet space, centrally located in the show on The Skybridge, Booth #1002. An army of BOOM! writers and artists will be appearing either at its booth or in ECCC’s Guest Area. A signing schedule handout will be available at the booth for fans’ convenience. Scheduled to appear are:
• Max Bemis (EVIL EMPIRE, POLARITY) – This ticketed signing will be held at the Guest Area. Tickets will be available at the BOOM! booth.
• David Petersen (MOUSE GUARD)
• Kevin J. Anderson (CLOCKWORK ANGELS)
• Mike Kunkel (HEROBEAR AND THE KID)
• Claudio Sanchez and Chondra Echert (TRANSLUCID, AMORY WARS)
• Paul Jenkins (FAIRY QUEST, DEATHMATCH, REVELATIONS)
• Ryan North, Shelli Paroline, and Braden Lamb (ADVENTURE TIME, THE MIDAS FLESH)
• Noelle Stevenson (LUMBERJANES, ADVENTURE TIME)
• Royden Lepp (RUST)
• Kate Leth (ADVENTURE TIME OGN v3: SEEING RED, BRAVEST WARRIORS ANNUAL 2014)
• Brian Joines (IMAGINE AGENTS)
• Caleb Monroe (STEED AND MRS. PEEL, PEANUTS)
• Ed Brisson (SONS OF ANARCHY, ROBOCOP: BETA)
• Paul Tobin and Colleen Coover (ADVENTURE TIME: THE FLIP SIDE)
• Grace Ellis (LUMBERJANES)
• Michael Moreci, Riley Rossmo, Tim Daniel, and Colin Lorimer (CURSE)
• Mark Miller and Ben Meares (CLIVE BARKER’S NEXT TESTAMENT, HELLRAISER)
• Megan Hutchison and Tom Hammock (AN AURORA GRIMEON STORY: WILL O’ THE WISP)
• Michael Alan Nelson (DAY MEN, 28 DAYS LATER, PROTOCOL: ORPHANS)
here will also be a few surprise guests throughout the show.
In addition, the BOOM! Studios booth will host sketch artists all weekend, including:
• Allison Strejlau (REGULAR SHOW, ADVENTURE TIME)
• Brooke Allen (LUMBERJANES)
• Ian McGinty (ADVENTURE TIME: CANDY CAPERS)
• MAD Rupert (REGULAR SHOW: SKIPS)
• Missy Pena (BRAVEST WARRIORS).
• Travis Hill (ADVENTURE TIME)
For $20, fans can request and purchase custom sketches to be drawn on blank ADVENTURE TIME Get-A-Sketch covers.
Joining us on The Skybridge occupying in-line booths on either side of the BOOM! booth are Archaia artists David Marquez (THE JOYNERS IN 3D, Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man) and Royden Lepp (RUST), plus BOOM! Studios business partners Mighty Fine and TopatoCo.
BOOM! will have a wide selection of variants available for purchase at its booth (while supplies last), including:
• ADVENTURE TIME #25, cover by Ian McGinty ($10, limited to 500 copies)
• ADVENTURE TIME VOL. 3 MATHEMATICAL Edition Hardcover, cover by E.K. Weaver ($50, limited to 500 copies)
• CLOCKWORK ANGELS #1, cover by Brett Weldele ($10, limited to 500 copies)
• CURSE #1, cover by Colin Lorimer ($10, limited to 500 copies)
• DAY MEN #3, cover by Robbi Rodriguez ($10, limited to 500 copies)
• DEAD LETTERS #1, cover by Ibrahim Moustafa ($10, limited to 500 copies)
• EVIL EMPIRE #1, cover by Tyler Crook ($10, limited to 500 copies)
• HEROBEAR AND THE KID: SAVING TIME #1, cover by Mike Kunkel ($10, limited to 500 copies)
• LUMBERJANES #1, cover by Kate Leth ($10, limited to 500 copies)
• THE MIDAS FLESH #1, cover by Chip Zdarsky ($10, limited to 500 copies)
• REGULAR SHOW: SKIPS #1, cover by Matthew Waite ($10, limited to 250 copies)
• SONS OF ANARCHY #7, cover by Darick Robertson ($10, limited to 500 copies)
The ADVENTURE TIME VOL. 3 ENCHIRIDION EDITION ($75, limited to 500 copies), a leather-bound version sold exclusively at the BOOM! booth at conventions, will debut at Emerald City Comicon and is available during the 2014 convention season while supplies last.
There will also be exciting new merchandise available for purchase, such as an EVIL EMPIRE T-Shirt, a LUMBERJANES tote bag, and a TRANSLUCID print.
There you have it folks, a pretty stellar lineup of things to get your hands on at a booth that I am sure will be the talk of the town at Emerald City.
BOOM! Studios Emerald City Comicon Gallery
This article was submitted by one of ComicBookTherapy’s contributors. Every contributor must agree and abide by ComicBookTherapy’s Site User Agreement. ComicBookTherapy.com is protected from liability under “OCILLA” (Online Copyright Infringement Liablity Limitation Act) and will actively enforce said provisions. If you represent an individual or company and feel as though this article has infringed on any of our terms or any existing copyrights, please contact us for a speedy removal.